Sunday, September 30

Uh oh. Mom is doing some magazine article reading again... she's come across 2 articles that describe an autoimmune disease called Fibromyalgia. This disease had symptoms a lot like I'm experiencing with Rhuematoid Arthitis (which is also autoimmune)... which I was diagnosed with a little over 8 months ago. I was told I've got a specific type that moves from joint to joint, not staying and destroying one particular joint. So, Mom's thinking I was misdiagnosed because of these two articles... hmmm... she could be right. The medical profession isn't 100%. I shall ask my doctor when I go in on the 18th... if I can make it that long. I *really* should have gone in this last week, but its so difficult getting an appt. I could have gotten one, I suppose... I've been told I can be a pain in the ass when I want to be. I really hate living on percocet - although its a fun pain medication, I don't like being dependent on it or like feeling goofy all the time. I'm goofy enough naturally, don't need any more in my life. Today (and yesterday) were better days. My right shoulder is bothering me as well as my right jaw. Yeah, figure that one out. I can't open my mouth very far (good thing?!) or bite down. Soft foods for me. I've discovered the hot tub again... haven't used it all summer or last winter because its too blasted hot. Dad is now keeping it at a nice 98 degrees which is PERFECT. I've made good use of the jets (all right - no, not sitting on the jets!!!!) the swirling water. Ahhhh... it may start to become a part of my daily routine. I come out of there so relaxed and fingers and toes all pruny. Then I take a nice long shower to get all the bromide stuff off of my skin. That's the life. Agenda for today: Rest, lots of rest and laundry.