Monday, September 17

Ahhhh... one day down, 3 to go. I've decided to get my ass up at 3:30 am so I can get to work at 5:00 am to avoid the rush at the gates of the AF base. I was only in line for about 5 mins this morning... if I were to go at my normal time, 6:00 I'd have a 45 min wait. Hmmmm... I do believe I'd rather just wait 5 and get up early. It gives me an extra hour to work on stuff too when no one bugs me and gives me MORE to do. I made some killer salsa yesterday and also made a 7-layer dip to take to work today with two huge bags of tortilla chips. It was my turn to take birthday treats in. All I can say is SNARF! All of it was gone in less than 20 minutes!! I was glad they enjoyed it though, and I didn't have to bring any home. Everyone said how good it was... ooohhh... pat myself on the back for being a good cook... when I'm in the mood, that is!! :-) One guy challenged me to a salsa making contest, saying he could make it hotter...This salsa was really good, but milder than I normally make since I work with a bunch of geeky engineers who can be whimps. I took his challenge. Although several people said his salsa is good and hot, they said mine had better flavor. I'll kick his butt!