Sunday, February 3

Survived the birthday festivities. It turned out to be nicer than I had imagined. One aunt and cousins didn't show, which I didn't feel bad about, but thought it was rude they didn't at least call before to let Mom know so she didn't make so much food. We had a Mexican Fiesta dinner. Mom made my favorite, (yup, you got it) Cheese Enchiladas. :-) They were quite good - sauce homemade, not from a can. Yum. The rest of the troups will be coming today for sure to pick my other aunt (who's staying here) up on their way back to Idaho... so we'll probably feed them leftovers. Mom also made me a cheese cake. It was so delicious - depsite the fact that I had her use 'fat free' cream cheese, no one knew except her and I. All my brothers and sisters came over, and 4 nieces, 1 nephew, and one great-niece. Everyone was gone by 7:30 so I was able to enjoy the rest of my evening being a slug. I was a bit more ambitious yesterday than I'd planned on, but it turned out to be a nice day, although I feel really old now. Everyone calls me 'just a baby' but that's just because they're older than I am. My 7 year-old niece asked me how old I was, and her eyes bulged out of her head when I told her. Still a few less than 40 though, that's the bright side of things.