Friday, August 31

Just got back from getting the final things done on my car... at least final until something else goes wrong. I was told I needed a new muffler and front brakes by the mechanic I take my car to. He could have done the brakes, but not the muffler so I decided to get them done at the muffler place - I was referred by someone. The guy at the muffler place did a much more thorough check of my brakes and showed me that the rear ones needed replacing too. Yeah, so OK, I'd rather be safe. Then he looked at the exhuast system... yup, needed a new exhaust pipe as well as the muffler. Great. So, it ended up costing me double what I had estimated. Ouch. But, now I'm save and its better to be safe than sorry. I really don't think I trust the mechanic I use now - since he wasn't as thorough as he usually is! Kinda makes me nervous.