Sunday, August 12

Had a pretty good time in Idaho Falls last night. My brother drove his wife, my sister and I in their comfy Toyota ForeRnner. I of course got to sit up front because I tend to get car sick (not an excuse, I asure you!) so I was considered the co-pilot and tried to keep the driver entertained, yet not distracted. We all chatted most the way, which was good - then the two in the back seat decided to fall alseep, so my brother and I resorted to a childhood travel game. Its called the Alphabet game. Its lame, but - it always seems to make the time go by a little faster. The object of the game is to find a specific letter of the alphabet starting with A and working your way to Z. No two letters can be claimed on the same sign. My sister woke up just as we were finding the letter S and she called ME a nerd! I don't think she dared call my brother that, although he did laugh. Anyway - we made it to the reception about 30 minutes into it. We saw aunts, uncles, cousins, etc., and it was nice. Then we left! We stopped in a town called Blackfoot (named after the Indians) and got gas and bought some lottery tickets. The big lottery was closed by an hour! for the week, so I bought some 'scratch and win' tickets. I bought $5 worth and won $4 back. Not bad odds, but then again, I wanted the big money. Oh well... then we stopped in a town called Pocatello (also possibly named after some tribe of Indians) and ate dinner (10:30 at night! HUNGRY!!). Needless to say, I didn't get home until almost 1am. All in all, it was a good trip though. Most adventure I've had in quite some time. Oh, back to that pathetic life thing again... working on it!! ;-)