Tuesday, July 3

Oh, the preparations for the 4th of July! Food, fun, family, fireworks and festivities, brings another F word to mind. The fun is sort of ruined by the preparation and clean up of the food - unless everyone pitches in to help, but of course that is unheard of. Stupid people setting off fireworks until all hours of the night - both of which brings me to the other f word. Yes, I have to work Thursday morning, so I'm being a party pooper! I'm looking forward to some nice quiet time roasting in the sun before the festivities start. Ahhhh... my solitude. That is if those stupid birds are quiet. There is a nest of some kind of bird - possibly hawks! in a tree in my neighbor's yard. These birds squak constantly as well as the adult birds protecting them. They need to get a clue that no one wants to bother them! The neighbor's dog kept getting attacked and she was minding her own business! One of the birds buzzed my feet while laying outside but that was the only time it bothered me. Oh, my... I think I'm whining, aren't I?? Nah, I wouldn't do that!